2017 IN SHORT
A recap of the winners and guests of the festival’s first edition.
- Best Film Award: El abrazo de la serpiente by Ciro Guerra
- Best Director Award: Amanda Kernell (Sami blood)
- Best Actress Award: Baya Medhaffer (As soon as I open my eyes)
- Best Actor Award: Daniil Vorobyov (Out of love)
- Audience Award: Sami blood by Amanda Kernell
- Special Mention: Baden Baden by Rachel Lang
OUT OF COMPETITION
- THE EQUALIZER
- FARINELLI VOCE REGINA
- 7 MINUTI by Michele Placido
- the documentary TOMORROW by Cyrill Dion and Mélanie Laurent
Jury & Guests
David Franzoni, screenwriter and producer, Academy Award winner for Ridley Scott’s Gladiator.
Screenwriter of Amistad, directed by Steven Spielberg, and King Arthur, directed by Antoine Fuqua (2004).
- The set designer Gianni Quaranta, Academy Award winner for best set design for A Room with a View by James Ivory, 1987. He also worked as set designer for other great films, such as 1900 by Bernardo Bertolucci, The Legend of the Holy Drinker by Ermanno Olmi.
- The actor Marton Csokas, who starred in films such as Lord of the Rings, The Bourne Supremacy, The Equalizer.
- The actress Valentina Lodovini, who starred in Benvenuti al Sud, The Right Distance and A Liberal Passion.
- The journalist and writer Marta Perego.
- Marta Gastini, who starred in The Rite with Anthony Hopkins. For this film she won the Nastro d’argento Award (2011) as Best Supporting Actress.
- Giampiero Judica, who starred in Non Uccidere, Passeggeri Notturni and Boardwalk Empire.
The testimonial of the 2017 edition was the actress Alessandra Mastronardi. Main character of the Italian television series I Cesaroni, the film To Rome with Love by Woody Allen and Life by Anton Corbijn.